The WanderLuxxe Filmmaker Lounge Offers a Bit of Fresh Air and a lot of Luxury to Sundance
This was our first year experiencing the WanderLuxxe Filmmaker Lounge, presented by The Essential Costa Rica led by their exclusive media partner, TheWrap and it was quite a delight. Our first experience included an invite only chef’s tasting featuring the culinary delights of chef Santiago Benedetto from Costa Rica. Followed by access to the lounge’s week long programming of wellness activation and relaxing events.
WanderLuxxe, the coveted membership concierge service founded by film industry veterans Marti Hines and Lola Wood focused in the film and entertainment space, hosted various impressive activations and events celebrating films throughout the festival such as a wellness daytime lounge featuring Sunlighten infrared saunas, Lululemon led yoga classes, STARE Cosmetics, The Lovely Loba skincare, Peroni, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, snacks by My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream, Kobricks coffee, and more. WanderLuxxe offered individuals, ranging from film enthusiasts to indie filmmakers to studio heads, an unmatched festival experience with exclusive perks and insider access for both groups and individuals.
The WanderLuxxe festival hub was bustling January 25th through January 28th with a variety of programming, including panels led by TheWrap’s award-winning film staff. The WanderLuxxe filmmaker lounge debuted it’s new home on Main Street this year, relocating from their signature Deer Valley location. In the years past, the lounge welcomed John Legend, Idris Elba, Paris Jackson, Cami Morrone, Nicolas Cage, Elijah Wood, Meagan Good, Jay Ellis, Lakeith Stanfield and more. This year the lounge hosted comparable guests including Zoe Saldana, Danielle Brooks, LaMonica Garrett, Octavia Spencer, Riley Keough, Aldis Hodge, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Tichina Arnold,Wendell Pierce and many more.
The WanderLuxxe Filmmaker Lounge also hosted an array of film premiere parties, performances, events and panels such as “Diversity Representation,” “Women in Entertainment” and “Industry Innovation” led by TheWrap. Love, Antosha documentary tribute to Anton Yelchin, Clemency by director and screenwriter Chinonye Chukwu and Relive all celebrated their films at the lounge. Color of Change even hosted a podcast series, #TellBlackStories , on January 27th with invigorating conversation discussing diversity in the film space, and a live “coffee and conversation” with Tichina Arnold on January 26th.
We’re looking forward to our next experience with WanderLuxxe. The wellness lounge operated daily from 11:00am – 4:30pm, with 10:00am daily scheduled yoga sessions by lululemon, a daily Apres Ski from 3-5pm featuring a Costa Rican spiked coffee bar with Kobricks, Peroni, Tito’s Vodka cocktails. Below, find a program overview and full details about the WanderLuxxe’s Lounge and their partners.
● Welcome Reception with Essential Costa Rica and TheWrap featuring a Chef’s cuisine tasting
● Daytime wellness lounge by Essential Costa Rica with Kobricks Costa Rican coffee bar, The Lovely Loba, Sunlighten Infrared Sauna, STARE cosmetics, MEME with morning yoga sessions by Lululemon
● Daily Spyder pop-up and gifting lounge
● Daily Apres Ski presented by Spyder with Tito’s, Peroni and My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream
● Coffee and Conversation with Tichina Arnold
● Entertainment Panels by TheWrap – Women In Entertainment, Relive, Industry Leaders
● Clemency Film Premiere
● Love, Antosha Film Post Premiere Party
● APEX Social Club + Company 3 Party featuring Macy Gray
● #TellBlackStories Podcast Series with Color of Change
● Spyder U.S. Ski & Snowboard Center of Excellence Retreat
Overview of partners:
● My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream teamed up with WanderLuxxe this year to give guests all the feels with
My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream’s new Triple Layer frozen snacks. Made from the very best ingredients,
gluten free and rBST free, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream’s offerings range from poppable and
delicious ice cream wrapped in sweet rice mochi dough to ice cream pints filled with bits of
pillowy mochi dough.
● Sunlighten® is the #1 choice for personalized infrared light therapy. Only Sunlighten Infrared
Saunas provide the highest dose of infrared energy for a range of health benefits including
detoxification, anti-aging, stress and pain relief and are clinically shown to reduce blood
pressure and aid in waist reduction.
● Lululemon is a yoga-inspired, technical athletic apparel company for women and men. They
hosted curated yoga classes daily at the lounge.
● STARE Cosmetics fills the gap between makeup and skin care, with many years of working with
estheticians specializing in corrective skin issues to carve the path needed to gain critical
insight. Their proprietary and unique blends will not exacerbate existing skin conditions only
beautifully enhance all skin types. Many of STARE’s cosmetic products are Vegan.
● The Lovely Loba is committed to creating g enuinely clean body and skin care products in
convenient to use ways while inspiring humankind to take advantage of the health-promoting,
living resources Mother Earth provides. Each of the ingredients are manufactured in areas
where the plant or crop grows indigenously and is shipped to our facility. All products are
organic, vegan and cruelty-free. Guests received massage treatments on site with the loba balls.
● TheWrap News Inc. is the leading digital-first news organization founded by Sharon Waxman in
2009, covering the business of entertainment and media via digital, print and live events. Panels,
a daily video and photo media lounge, and cocktail + wine receptions to be held at the hub.
● APEX Social Club , the 8,000 sq foot rooftop social club at Palms Casino and Resort by Andy
Masi’s Clique Hospitality with esteemed nightlife partners Ryan Labbe and Jason Craig of
PALMS Casino Resort in Las Vegas will partner for Saturday evening and bring their nightlife
brand to Park City for the Macy Gray private performance.
● Tito’s Handmade Vodka is America’s Original Craft Vodka. Specialty cocktails were offered to
guests for the duration of the filmmaker lounge.
● Spyder is one of the world’s most recognizable and credible outdoor sportswear brands.
Focused on enhancing the ski experience both on and off the mountain, Spyder prides itself on
its advanced technical composition and style. Pioneering its first padded ski sweater in 1978, and
sponsoring the U.S. Ski Team since 1989, Spyder offers technical ski, fitness, and lifestyle apparel
and accessories for men, women, and children. Spyder was gifting VIPS and guests at the
exclusive lounge with key items from their winter wear collection. Additionally, they hosted a
pop-up shop on Main Street. For the first time, Spyder sold the Spyder x U.S. Ski Team
co-branded collection that is launching exclusively on Amazon on 2/1. Spyder offered Sundance
VIP’s an opportunity to train like an Olympian at the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Center of
Excellence. VIP’s were given a tour of the facility and offered a U.S. Ski team inspired work out