You have a chance to own the 25th Anniversary edition of Juice on Blu-Ray including a powerful morality tale steeped in 90s urban culture. JUICE marked the feature directorial debut of Spike Lee’s acclaimed cinematographer Ernest R. Dickerson and the first starring roles for Omar Epps and an electrifying Tupac Shakur.
We have three (3) copies of Juice on Blu-ray to giveaway. Sign up below for a chance to win, and share on social media or subscribe to our podcast for extra chances. Entry period begins Friday, June 16, 2017 at noon ET and ends on Friday, June 30, 2017 at noon ET. Only one copy per winner. Winners will be announced on Monday, July 2, 2017.
Debuting June 6, 2017, Blu-ray Includes Brand New Interviews with Members of the Cast and Crew, Never-Before-Released Footage on Set, New Director’s Commentary, Plus the Film’s Original Ending and More
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – A powerful morality tale steeped in 90s urban culture, JUICE marked the feature directorial debut of Spike Lee’s acclaimed cinematographer Ernest R. Dickerson and the first starring roles for Omar Epps and an electrifying Tupac Shakur. 25 years later, the gritty and influential film continues to be celebrated for its realistic portrayal of Harlem life, the early New York hip-hop scene, and the fate of four friends in pursuit of the power and respect they call the Juice.
To mark the film’s 25th anniversary, Paramount Home Media Distribution will release the film on Blu-ray for the first time ever on June 6, 2017, packed with brand new interviews with Dickerson, producer David Heyman (Harry Potter franchise), Epps, and fellow actors Khalil Kain and Jermaine Hopkins. The cast and crew look back on making the film, share heartfelt stories of working with Shakur, and reveal the influence that JUICE had on them both personally and professionally. The in-depth featurettes are also loaded with never-before-released footage of the cast on set and vintage interviews with Shakur, Queen Latifah, Cindy Herron of En Vogue, the Shocklee brothers, Eric B, EPMD, Cypress Hill and more. Along with a brand new commentary by the director, fans also will get to see the original ending and hear Dickerson detail the reasons that it was changed prior to the film’s theatrical debut. JUICE also will be released on DVD on June 6 and on Digital HD on June 13.
JUICE 25th Anniversary Blu-ray
The JUICE Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray includes the following:
• Feature film in high definition
• Commentary by director Ernest R. Dickerson
• You’ve Got the Juice Now—A look back at the making of the film featuring brand new interviews with director Ernest R. Dickerson, producer David Heyman and actors Omar Epps, Khalil Kain and Jermaine Hopkins. The piece details Dickerson’s struggle to remain true to his original vision, his desire to cast fresh new talent, the challenges of shooting on location in Harlem, and the reasons why the film’s ending was changed.
• The Wrecking Crew—The film’s surviving lead actors talk about how they came to be cast in the film and the bonds they immediately formed with one another. They additionally share stories about Tupac Shakur’s drive, authenticity, and unmistakable genius, as well as their delight at getting to work with Samuel L. Jackson, Queen Latifah and Cindy Herron.
• Sip the Juice: The Music—Explores the essential role that music plays in the film. Features vintage interviews with the Shocklee brothers about their score, as well as Erik B, EPMD, and members of Cypress Hill speaking about their contributions to the unforgettable soundtrack and why they chose to be a part of the film.
• Stay in the Scene: The Interview—Vintage interview with the four lead cast members on set. The piece demonstrates their rapport as they discuss the importance of the film and its message.
• Photo Gallery—Unit photographer Adger Cowans’ photos taken on set.
JUICE 25th Anniversary DVD
The JUICE DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with English 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The DVD includes the following:
• Feature film in standard definition
• Commentary by director Ernest R. Dickerson
• You’ve Got the Juice Now
• The Wrecking Crew
• Sip the Juice: The Music
• Stay in the Scene: The Interview
• Photo Gallery